Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 - You are HERE

Day 2 - 31-days of Truth

We've lived in the same town for 16 years now. The closest mall is an hour away, and frankly I just don't have time to go all that often.

There's something about this mall that is just ... different. I could blame it on my own bad sense of direction (ask my husband), but I really just prefer to think it's the mall. It's just hard for me to navigate. It's not a circle, it's not a rectangle, not an oval - It has branches and circles and ovals. I can never the stores I need without looking at one of those posted mall maps. It's embarrassing really.

I love those maps. They don't just leave you hanging. A big arrow or dot or star shows you exactly where you are. And with that FRAME OF REFERENCE you are able to navigate to your desired destination in shopping paradise!

If you think about it, frame of reference plays into almost every aspect of our life. You have to know WHERE you are to know which DIRECTION to head in to get to your desired location.

Several years ago, I attended a small local conference. I really had no idea what it was about when I agreed to go - had no idea how life-changing it would be. I walked away knowing WHO I was - my frame of reference.

Do you know who you are? I mean - Do you really KNOW who are you?

I grew up in the church. I knew that I was a child of God having accepted His free gift of salvation, but the full meaning of that had never sunk in.

Romans 8:16-17 spells it out so well, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs, and JOINT-HEIRS with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

This is big! JOINT-HEIRS with Jesus? As an heir WITH Jesus, we have access to the same things that He does. The RELATIONSHIP with God, the LOVE, the HOPE for eternity, and the POWER!!

There's a little verse tucked away in John (14:12) that has fascinated me for years, Jesus is talking to His disciples and says, "...He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and GREATER works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." Greater works than Jesus? Doesn't that seem crazy?

Two things about this verse - First of all, we must acknowledge that the source of our strength is God. Without Him, we are nothing and have nothing.

The main reason, though, that I bring up this verse is that the enemy of our souls would have us believe that we are powerless - victims of whatever comes our way, when in fact it is just the opposite. Once we learn to walk in the AUTHORITY that God has given us as co-heirs with Jesus, we can do nothing less than change the WORLD!!! That's why we're here after all.

So if you are indeed a child of God but walking around feeling defeated and hopeless, perhaps it's time to READJUST your frame of reference.

And if you have never accepted God's FREE gift of salvation and would like to, NOW is the perfect time! Just tell Him that you want to ACCEPT His gift of forgiveness and want to begin a RELATIONSHIP with Him. And let me know in the comments so I can celebrate with you!

Click here for links to all of the (over 600) 31-day participants. Woo Hoo!

***I don't think I did the whole linky thing right, so if you want to see the current day's post, please click Home at the top of the page. Maybe next year, I'll get it right :)

1 comment:

  1. Joint-heirs. Isn't that amazing?! How blessed we are.

    P.S. I think I did the linky thing wrong too. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete