Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 19 - Perfect Peace

I have a plaque in my office...

It's old, and I love it.

The story is that my mom's dad (Grandpa "Pinky") and my mom used to make them. Grandpa Pinky was a pastor by profession, but could do anything. He cooked, sewed, crafted, built, woodworked, painted, you name it...

He also loved deeply - his family and most importantly his God. Such an amazing legacy he left behind. He was never wealthy by the worlds standards but was rich in the things that truly mattered.

Back to this plaque, sometimes I forget it's even there because it's hung in the same place for so many years, but it caught my eye again recently. Not by coincidence, I'm sure. But because I NEEDED once again to be reminded of its truth.

Grandpa and Grandma Pinky's lives were not easy by any stretch, but they lived this out, loud and clear, and though they have long since gone to their Eternal Home, the example they left behind still teaches me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment