Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 28 - Be Strong

What do you think? Is courage something that you either have or don't have? Can you create courage in your own soul? What if you don't have courage? Are you just out of luck?

Several years ago, I gave my guys small metal shield emblems to wear around their necks. Joshua 1:9 was inscribed on the back.

It reads, "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord they God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

A command? Really? I'm pretty sure from reading it over and over again that courage is an act of our will, God living through us. Will we choose to walk in courage, or in fear? In victory, or defeat?

I know what I want to do. It's not always easy, but I choose, and that's a good place to start. Father God, help each one of us to walk in courage because you promise that you are with us always.

I have a friend who needs courage today in a big way. I'm praying. Will you pray too?

No comments:

Post a Comment