Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 12 - Weary

Are you weary today?

I'm feeling a little weary myself. The cares of the day. Family. Friends. Finances. Work. School. World.

It all can be a little overwhelming at times, can't it?

I usually find when I'm feeling this way it's because I'm carrying too much. I've picked up more than my share. I've grabbed ahold of things that weren't mine to grab.

The nice thing about lugging around things that we don't need to be lugging around is that we can choose to put them down - at the feet of the One who can handle all of yours and mine and everyone else's.

It's a choice, and I determine today to lay them all down because I really don't want to be carrying them around anyway. You can do the same.

God is so faithful in the big and the small things. He promises us rest from those things that cause us to be weary.

I'm in!

You?

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest; Take my yoke upon you, and learn of mf; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment