Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20 - Testimony

Testimony is one of the "church" words, I realize that. Maybe we should call it "story with a God twist," but then every story is that, in my opinion. God's very fingerprints are evident in every aspect of our lives, and we can see them if we look closely enough.

So back to testimony. Some are "incredible" stories - lost at sea, near death experience, a life squandered on the streets only to be redeemed. I don't have that kind of a testimony, but mine is incredible just the same. Because of HIM. It's incredible because He loved me enough to pursue me, to save me from a life lost without Him, to forgive me and love me relentlessly. Incredible, yes.

It's important to be able to recount your testimony, not for yourself. But for others. There is someone that NEEDS to hear your testimony, that can relate to it. So it's not big and fantastic and dramatic. Really? I believe any life bought with the blood of an innocent Savior is an incredible testimony. You need to know it, and you need to share it!

In John chapter 9, Jesus healed a blind man. He spit on the ground, made a mixture of clay and placed it on the man's eyes. Jesus then told the man to go wash in the pool of Siloam. The man obeyed and received his sight.

It just so happened that this took place on the Sabbath which upset the Pharisees, the religious leaders of the day. They questioned the man, apparently didn't believe his story, questioned the man's parents who were afraid to say too much and deferred the questioning back to their son who was of age, and then the religious leaders questioned the man again.

This man who had been healed by the miraculous touch of Jesus, his testimony, finally told the Pharisees, "Whether he (Jesus) be a sinner or no, I know not; one thing I KNOW, that, whereas I WAS blind, NOW I SEE." (John 9:25)

His testimony. Your testimony. My testimony. Nobody can take it away. Nobody.

Revelations 12:11 says, "And they overcame him (Satan) by the BLOOD of the Lamb, and by the WORD of their TESTIMONY."

Don't let the enemy tell you it's not important enough to share. Like I said before, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, needs to hear it!

So would you start by sharing it here? Someone, maybe me, needs to hear your testimony. It's a good time and a good place to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment