Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 22 - What to Give?

So what was it about that fleeting thought? That it made me weep?

Hair a mess, still in clothes from the night, tired eyes, headed back to my desk.

Just a fleeting thought. Today is a gift. Not only a gift TO me, but in my mind's eye I wrapped it up in pretty paper as an OFFERING to my Daddy.

So why the overwhelming flood of tears?

Might as well unpack the inside, untangle it, wrangle it.

Such a small world. My desk. My computer screen. Clickety clack of worn keyboard. Warm mug. Dog at feet.

What do I have to put inside the package?

What thing of worth shall I put in the box?

Anything? Is anything worthy?

He speaks in my heart.

"Abide in me."

Abide?

"Abide in me."

I'll try, but what about my gift?

"You are my gift, my treasure, my love."

I weep even more.

He sees beauty. I see hair messed, night clothes, empty box.

I choose to abide this day. My gift to give. My gift to receive from my Daddy.

John 15:4-5 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches; He that abideth in me, and i in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment