Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1 - 31 days of Truth


If this is your first visit to my blog, please scroll down to view Day 1.

If not, here are the links for the rest of the days.

Day 2- You are HERE

Day 3 - Head to the Mountain

Day 4 - Joshua Got It!

Day 5 - Flowing River or Stagnant Pond?

Day 6 - Jury Duty

Day 7 - Jury Duty - Part 2

Day 8 - Simple Truth

Day 9 - Questions?

Day 10 - Professionals need not apply

Day 11 - Idol Worship

Day 12 - Weary

Day 13 - What's in a Name?

Day 14 - Praying Scripture

Day 15 - Direction

Day 16 - Sowing and Reaping

Day 17 - My Times are in Thy Hand

Day 18 - Salt and Light

Day 19 - Perfect Peace

Day 20 - Testimony

Day 21 - The Gift of Mercy

Day 22 - What to Give?

Day 23 - Nothing

Day 24 - Comforter, Teacher, Friend

Day 25 - Red Letter Words

Day 26 - Be Still

Day 27 - My Shepherd

Day 28 - Be Strong

Day 29 - Seasons

Day 30 - Blessings

Day 31 - Running the Race




Day 1

When I read about the 31 days on Nester's site, I immediately knew what I wanted to write about.

TRUTH is one of those words that just seems to be thrown around so carelessly now. I have heard time and time again people referring to "my" truth this, and "my" truth that.

Just so we make it clear, I'm not talking about my truth - I'm talk about The Truth, the one by which I try to live each and every day spelled out so perfectly in the Word of God. The one I fail far too often.

Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh until the Father, but by me." His very nature is Truth - everything He said, and everything He did, and everything He does - always.

He also says in John 8:32, "And ye shall know the truth, and the TRUTH shall make you FREE."

Seriously...How exciting is that? When we follow after Him, and KNOW Him, really know TRUTH as spelled out in his Word, we receive FREEDOM unlike anything this world has to offer.

To say that the past couple of years have been difficult for our family would be an understatement, but God has been so faithful!

We have found ourselves in situations where all we could do is pray for Truth, and Truth has shown up and rescued us in the most incredible ways. Amazing!

And so today, I pray for you Truth as well. Not what the enemy whispers in our thoughts to rob us of our peace and joy, but The Truth -The incredible Truth that will set you FREE.

I hope that YOU will join me each day as I share more of the life-changing Truths that I cling to on my journey to be found FAITHFUL.


3 comments:

  1. Great topic! Great minds think a like. I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the topic! totally caught my eye and I'm excited for you to go on this journey =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through The Nester's link up. The title of your 31 Days series jumped out at me. I look forward to reading here!

    ReplyDelete