Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 25 - Red Letter Words

My new Bible has crisp, clean pages unlike the worn, comfortable, tear-stained ones from my previous Bible. I miss my old Bible, my friend and constant companion. We've been through many, many things over the past many years.

My new Bible is a 'red-letter' edition, meaning the very words Jesus spoke are all in red.

I love the fact that the words of Jesus without error are in print for us to read and re-read, over and over again.

Instructions, teaching, comforting words, promises...

I want to share with you a few of my favorite 'red-letter words' today.

PROMISE
First off, my favorite, and the most important: John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotton Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

COMFORTING WORDS
John 14:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a plce for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am there ye may be also."

INSTRUCTION
What about this? Can you do it? Luke 6:27-28 "But I say until you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you." Hmmm. That's a tough one, but if you can do it, even once in a while, you're growing!

TEACHING
Mark 12:30-31 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all they soul, and with all thy mind, and with all they strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love they neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

We've only just scratched the surface, haven't we?

So what about you, don't be shy! Hello?

What are your favorite red-letter words?

No comments:

Post a Comment