Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 14 - Praying Scripture

Day 14 of 31 Days of Truth

Do you have favorite go-to verses or promises that you stand on? I'm sure you do, and I do too!

I love to use them in my prayer time because whatever words my lips could compose will ALWAYS fail in comparison to God's words given to us in the Bible.

I love to pray and declare His promises for my family, my friends, and myself. They are a lifeline even when I don't FEEL them.

I want to share a few that are especially precious to me.

Everybody knows about Proverbs 31 as the ideal for a Godly woman to live by, right?

Well, Psalm 112 is my Proverbs 31 for the male species. I pray this over my husband and three sons inserting their names in the appropriate places.

Psalm 112:1-9 "Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the MAN that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

HIS seed shall be mighty upon the earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

Wealth and riches shall be in HIS house: and HIS righteousness endureth forever.

Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: HE is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

A GOOD MAN sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

Surely HE shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

HE shall not be afraid of evil tidings: HIS heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

HIS heart is established, HE shall not be afraid, until HE see his desire upon his enemies.

HE hath dispersed, HE hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour."

Isn't that great? Speaking it into being. Calling things that are not as though they are. Declaring God's heart for the men in our life!

Here's another one that I pray for my kids especially, again inserting their names:

Proverbs 13:20 "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

We all want our children to choose friends that will encourage them to grow in their relationship with God rather than distract them. Pray it into being. We already know it is God's desire for us to be in positive healthy relationships. We're just agreeing with Him in our prayers for ourselves and our family!

So what about you? Do you have specific Scriptures you pray over yourself or your family? I'd love to hear them. I'm always looking for more good nuggets of truth from His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment