Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 31 - Running the Race

Day 31 of the 31-day blogging challenge - a post a day, and although challenging at times to find the time, I reached my goal. It feels good. I love to set goals and reach them. Often I set my goals higher than humanly possible and set myself up for defeat. I'm definitely learning to listen and set God's goals for me instead of my own.

This last 31 days has been a blogging marathon of sorts. In 1993, I ran the Honolulu Marathon. I didn't set any time records, but I finished. It felt great to set that goal and accomplish it.

Our journey in our relationship with the Lord is likened several times in the Bible to a race. Hebrews 12:1-2 says, "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easly beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

That's the race I want to run. I want to discard those things which weigh me down, reject the temptations which would hinder me, and run with patience the race that is before me. I want to be found faithful at the end of my race. Don't you? God is cheering us on - every day, every step.

I want to encourage you as well to run the race with perseverance, keeping your eyes as well on Him who is the author and finisher of our faith. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment